Sunday 14 October 2012

Kingfisher

This selection has been taken from this previous week.














I have set up a hide and added 2 perches. Earlier in the week she came in very often but  now not so frequent. Perhaps because I have been there a little too often! I was hoping that she would get used to the situation, There are now 2 birds, occasionally  chasing each other and calling a lot when both birds are near. Yesterday they had a quick scrap in the water unfortunately I wasn`t quick enough! Another female? not sure, as the bird using the perches I feel is the same bird.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots, Steve. The preening shot is an absolute beauty, very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosas fotografías...Mis felicitaciones.
    SALUDOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great series
    Kingfisher is subject nice and fun to photograph

    ReplyDelete